Uk Parliamentary Elections questions
1. What is an election?
2. Why have elections?
3. What is a general election?
4. What is a political party?
5. Identify as many mainstream UK political parties as you can
6. How are candidates chosen?
7. Who can’t vote in UK Parliamentary Elections?
8. How do people cast their vote?
9. What is a constituency and how many are there?
10. How many seats are in the House of Commons?
11. What type of electoral system do we have?
12. How many seats did each of the three main parties win in 2010?
13. How many votes did each of the three main parties win in 2010?
14. What conclusion can you come to if you compare the number of votes won by the number of seats gained?